Although they are two destinations quite far from each other, it is very possible to do a tour with a guided visit to Machu Picchu and a cruise on the Galapagos Islands. The ancient archaeological complex located in the Peruvian Andes is a must-see for any adventurer who is traveling into South America. While the Galapagos Islands are also a desired place on the wish list of many. These Islands are populated with abundant wildlife and unforgettable landscapes to see and experience. So if you are looking to combine these two incredible destinations, you don’t have to look any further. Because together with Cusco Peru Travel we will explain the best of Galapagos and Machu Picchu tours.
ENJOY ANY GALAPAGOS AND MACHU PICCHU TOURS.
The wonderful thing about combining these two remote places is that you will have possibilities to enjoy exceptional views and scenery that you do not find every day. These are perfect destinations to enjoy family holidays or even spend a romantic time with your partner. The Inca citadel and the cruise to the beautiful islands will make your vacation unique.
- Cusco and Sacred Valley: The Imperial City and the Sacred Valley are destinations that you will surely remember before venturing to the archaeological complex. Particularly, the Sacred Valley is a nice area for acclimatization, because it is located at a lower altitude than Cusco. In both of these unique destinations, you will enjoy their beautiful and particular buildings and landscapes.
- Machu Picchu: The Lost Inca City is one of the most visited destinations for those who choose to visit Peru. To get there you can take a luxurious train ride or go on an incredible hiking trek. Both are excellent options and you can have a different perspective of the Andean mountains that surround the place.
- Galapagos Cruises: The best option to visit the Galapagos Islands is through a few days cruise. There are several cruise options for all types of public, either exclusive or more classic options. You can enjoy all the facilities and comforts while you can observe all the species of different islands. If you are thinking of how to plan a luxury vacation, this tour is for you.
WHEN TO GO
Normally, those looking for the best weather and climate to go tend to be guided by advice from other expert travelers. But these two remote places have different climates. In the same way, we will try to find the best time for you to experience the different Galapagos and Machu Picchu tours.
- Within Machu Picchu and surroundings, there are two marked seasons, which are the dry season and the rainy season. Usually, the general consensus recommends traveling during the dry season (May to September) since there are no bothersome rains. But the rainy season (October to April) does not have real rains until January. Making December a viable month to enjoy the complex without so many people around.
- On the other hand, in the Galapagos Islands, it is a wonderful destination practically all year round. It is one of the best luxury vacation destinations to enjoy as a family or as a couple. There are also two marked seasons, the wet season (December to May) is usually very sunny and with some rain. While the dry season (June to November) brings cold winds from the sea and is usually cloudy.
As you will see, it will depend a lot on your judgment and budget, but December seems to be a pretty good month to combine both destinations and make the most of them.
HOW TO GET TO THESE PLACES
To get to Machu Picchu, you would have to first take a flight to Cusco, the Imperial City. This is a starting point to begin your adventure. Then to go to Machu Picchu, you have two main methods: You can go on a luxury travel to Machu Picchu by train or through the well-known Inca Trail.
On the other hand, to go to the Galapagos, you will have to first take a flight to Guayaquil or Quito since there are no direct flights to the vicinity. And then another flight to the two airports on the Baltra or San Cristobal islands.
During high season it is advisable to book in advance in both destinations. The Galapagos and Machu Picchu tours are quite coveted by tourists in these times.
HOW MUCH TIME TO SPEND IN EACH DESTINATION
To enjoy the varied Galapagos and Machu Picchu tours, it is recommended to stay for at least 10 days. Keep in mind that to enjoy the Galapagos Islands there are 4-to-5-day cruise options. But if you want to fully experience the variety of these incredible islands (western and eastern) it takes up to 7 days to cruise. In this way, you can combine it perfectly and without any problem with one of the numerous 3-day luxury Peru tours to Machu Picchu.
“DIE WITH MEMORIES, NOT DREAMS”
We hope together with Cusco Peru Travel, to have been of help for your future decision to undertake a tour in Machu Picchu and the Galapagos Islands. Remember that you can consult our advisors for combinations like these from different destinations.
Peru has many wonders waiting for you to be discovered. Here in Cusco Peru Travel, our speciality is to make your trip an outstanding experience, fill-in this form and let your tailor-made luxury Peru vacation begin.